Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Roblovesclownporndotnet


I've got a spoon, a soup spoon, a fork, and some rough bamboo chopsticks in my top drawer at work. These utensils are for eating my lunch, and that's what I use them for. I never wash them. When I'm done eating I just lick and then wipe them off with a napkin. Sometimes more than once if necessary, like if I ate something cheesy. Now these utensils have only been around for about 2 months, but I'm pretty sure I used the same pair of chopsticks for over 3 years in my last office without ever washing 'em proper. I think that this builds character, as well as a healthy immune system. My previous office mate, C (hey girl, drop us a line from the isles), thought it disgusting. On the few occasions when she was desperate enough to borrow silverware from me, she washed and then disinfected them with 200-proof ethanol. The joys of working in a chemical lab included very unsafely keeping wash bottles of 200-proof ethanol at our desks. I cringe to think of the highly evolved cultures that were lost during the rare occasion of disinfection. Maybe I had been on track to discover the next penicillin. Also, I miss that ethanol wash bottle - I should have brought it with me. Above: the Michel-Levy chart, a handy tool in light microscopy of thin films of birefringent materials such as liquid crystals.

2 comments:

Dragonslayer said...

I hate you. So very, very much.

Code name: 1% said...

wah ha ha ha haaaaa. good thing i know that's your code for "you are one of my bestest friends". i'm a little sad you didn't call me an ass, though. tomorrow: books! booze!