Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wheels and leopard print

Me and the SUPER DEATH BIKE 4000 (SDB4k) in a pseudo-action shot! I am in bike love. She has multiple gears. She has reliable brakes. She has accessories, like a bell and basket. She has a swanky old Humber frame. Mad props to E and J the V for building her for me.

L-bot and Little Red, who I still love even though she kills my knees with her single high gear and coaster brakes. But I've never seen a more stylin' bike shape than the mens' Hiawatha Gambler and when riding, style is important. L totally didn't even whine about keeping up on her. Neither did the T-man. I whine every time I ride her, and going into the wind I swear even more than usual.

Me and Big Red, who I also love but try not to drive too much because she gets all of four-tenths of a mile to the gallon. She makes me feel tough and tall. Check out the sweet farmer stripe and tool box. Also, I'm pretty sure I was kinda pissed, as the Aussies would put it, for this picture. Why else I would have clambered up onto a cold, damp truck hood in the middle of the night is beyond my reasoning.

Finally, me and roomie D in our Halloween costumes for the Screamin' Cyn Cyn and the Pons show. He went as Uggg and I went as Cave Slut. We made that up, and we also made the costumes. Craft-rific! I climbed at the rock gym in that get-up. It was an iffy call but I had on some short-shorts underneath. My only regret is that I didn't get a picture of the climbing in the cave with the cavewoman costume or of D throwing me over his shoulder at the club.

2 comments:

RF_Girl said...

Lovely pictures, my dear doctor!

-G^2 said...

You know what? One weekend in Chicago wasn't enough. You're frikkin' awesome. We need to round up the posse for some more fun sometime, be it up in the north, here in the south, or wherever.