M: climbing (ugh, need to buy a new membership to the gym though - perhaps tonight.)
T: yoga/pilates (a severe ass-kicking)
W: swimbing (my preferred spelling, although "not-drowning" is probably a more accurate description anyway)
H: yoga/pilates + climbing (that's a long day)
F: swimbing (the lanes are so empty Friday evenings!)
And of course while the weather is still decent, occasional outdoor climbing on the weekends. I'd like to give mountain biking a try also this fall. In case you're thinking that schedule looks reedikulus, I usually drop one day per week at random. This week Monday climbing got dropped, mostly due to my reluctance to pay to get in.

A couple photos of me, snapped by R (aka DS) on our recent camping/bouldering trip to Governor Dodge, on a cute little V0+ complete with a brilliant undercling near the top and beached-whale finish. I haven't done a lot of outdoor bouldering, and it totally messes with my head still. Nothing like being 15 feet up a problem, realizing that jumping or climbing down is no longer an option, feeling your fingers slowly releasing that shallow, slopey dish, and knowing that UP is the only, and very scary, way to get out of this mess. I had to reach to the depths of my ovaries to get through a few of those routes. On a couple others, after multiple failed attempts near the bottom, I merely declared "oh fuck this shit" and jumped off. Still, I was pleased with 'scending at least one V2 and working hard on a V2/V3 before freaking out and backing off. Camping with R & J (aka SG) was also some much-needed fun and relaxation.This weekend I hope to attend and observe my first ever cyclocross race (with el señor B) and soccer game (with J the V). It's all about ogling dudes with enormous thighs in tight shorts. Y'all know what I'm talking about.

No comments:
Post a Comment