Monday, May 14, 2007

Not-Winter is here?


It can be hard to tell in Wisconsin when the warm weather has arrived for good. The winter here is SO long and SO nasty that I kind of forget every year exactly what the other season is like, which is: awesome. Our yard is just gorgeous. The previous owner was a botanist and all we've had to do so far is marvel at all the plants that come up. I finally got around to re-potting a bunch of my indoor plants and setting them up in my room, where the kitties can't eat and then puke them up. I also got a red cyclamen on our trip to the garden center with A. Cyclamen will always remind me of Melbourne, because a bright pink cyclamen, in addition to a bright pink elephant window cling, was all I had for decoration in my room while I was there. They make me think of the Queen Victoria Market that was a few blocks from the Graduate House where I stayed, and choosing cheeses and pestos with N there on the weekends. It was good times. If I could move my whole family to Australia, I'd move there permanently. Besides viewing the plant/house pictures, I'm also going to let you ponder a long-held debate between N and I: in a fight to the death, who would win? N sez kangaroo. I sez emu. Also, this leaves no doubt about my felicitous decision to follow engineering rather than art.