SORE. Went climbing at Necedah yesterday with I, D and T. Now. If there are 2 things a climber generally wants to have with her whilst climbing, they would be her climbing shoes and her harness. Three guesses on which two things I forgot to take with me yesterday. Lovely. And they're giving me a fucking PhD in a week. About time, because the longer I'm a graduate student, the dumber I get. Borrowed D's harness (too big) and shoes (Oh god, with the Evolv-stink and all) and got in 3 seconds/top-ropes. After making such a dumb mistake, figured leading probably wasn't the best of ideas. But it was a gorgeous day, and the last climb was fan-fucking-tastic, although I pulled my left shoulder on it. Thus the sore.
TIRED. Went to bed last night 1am-ish, but since today is a holiday I slept in 'til 11am or so. Still tired, though. I need a good week of 10h sleeps. Not likely to happen this week, but I've got some vacation after my PhD so perhaps I'll use those smarts to keep my ass in bed.
UNMOTIVATED. I should be preparing my thesis defense presentation RIGHT NOW. That's why I rode the 30 min bicycle ride into work on a holiday. It should be pretty obvious to you, the reader, that I am currently not even working on my slides, unless I decide to put my blog in the presentation. I've got a feeling my committee would not be amused. Seriously, though, I need to pound something out in the next two hours. Maybe I'll have a snack first.FINALLY. A picture of liquid crystals I took last week at work. Because it would feel weird not to share a picture in a post. This one has no scientific significance whatsoever, I just thought it was pretty. Damn hard to get good depth of field at 50x magnification, though.
