
So there is someone I've...fallen out of good graces with, but I would maybe like for us to be friends again. Not now-good lord, not now-but someday in the distant future (i.e. years from now) it might be possible. I miss this person, but I'm not sure exactly what it is that I want from this person in friendship. I've gotta figure it out and I spend no small amount of time thinking about it, lemme tell ya. Also, I feel something of a desire to punish said person, not necessarily because punishment is deserved but because I got hurt and I want retribution. Not a sentiment I'm particularly proud of, but there it is. Anyway, my fantastic friend B did a tarot card reading for me on this problem. It gave me another way to look at my problem, even if "fortune telling" is a load of hooey. I liked it so much, I'm a-gonna share it with you, with identifying details altered, of course. Also: a picture! of me! Because I like to post them and am just the teensiest bit vain and self-interested and on this space, it's my choice.
Added much much later: Nope, not gonna happen. I agree with el senor B: a lot of times, the friendship thing just doesn't work out. Things aren't on an even footing anymore, subjects of conversation are taboo, or maybe total forgiveness won't ever be forthcoming. For whatever reason, I just don't think it's in the cards (pun intended).
The present situation is governed by the Two of Pentacles, which indicates flexibility. It also can mean having fun, or juggling something. As I think about this a bit more, I think this is about the “fun” side of things. While I’m fairly certain that your first interactions with each other will be anything but fun, I think that the idea of being friends again encompasses a desire to recapture some of the flavor of your interactions with each other in the past. You would like to have fun with each other in the future, correct? The present is opposed by the Wheel of Fortune. This card is a major archetype, and such cards carry a heavier weight than the suit cards (i.e. PAY ATTENTION). The Wheel means seeing yourself as part of a larger fabric, embracing cycles—beginnings and endings, and finding your place in the world, thus having a larger perspective outside of yourself. The root of the issue is described by Judgment, another major archetype. It shows that difficult choices have to be made and stuck with. It could also mean making a fresh start.
The past is defined by the Two of Swords. This is a card I’ve seen about myself in relation to [somebody], also with regard the past. For me, it means purposefully blinding yourself to the truth, which I did plenty of with him! Also, it can mean a calm, collected exterior covering inner turmoil, a very delicate balancing act. This is also something I did a lot of! This is something that should probably be discarded. The immediate future is defined by the Hierophant, another major archetype. I’m not really sure what to make of this card. It indicates a high degree of structure and tradition in a group sense. In fact, the card has a picture of a papal figure on it. The best I can think of is that you guys will have to find your own identities as a part of a larger group. You are no longer [you] and [person of interest], you need to find your own place in a group without each other. Your conscious influences right now are the Three of Wands. This involves taking a step back to gain perspective. It echoes The Wheel of Fortune in this way.
The self is depicted in the Eight of Cups. This card indicates letting go of something to start over, often a relationship. It’s pretty clear that each of you are letting go of the other. The way you two fit into the outside world is the Five of Swords. This could stand for how others see your situation, perhaps how one of you views the other now. This card is all about taking care of yourself, thinking of your own needs above someone else’s, and looking out for your own interests.
The guide for how to proceed is the Ace of Cups. It tells you to be open and loving (NOT ROMANTICALLY). You need to know your own heart in this matter. It also indicates forgiveness. This can mean forgiving yourself, or someone else, or both.
