music. At least he didn't similarly share his strep throat, as he was laid up sick all last week and I was concurrently working from home. Some notable listens of late, all best heard utilizing a very nice sound system:Botch - "We are the Romans"
Mathcore? Not sure what you'd call it, but it's loud, hard and mathy, and that's all I need to know. I listened to it on the bleak bus ride in to work on Tuesday morning, and it made me happy.
Eyes Upon Separation - "I hope she's having nightmares"
Also really mathy, with some incredibly fast guitar work. But also more of a sludgy feel at times. D says the lyrics are all emo and stupid, but as with all metal vocals that I like, I can't tell what he's screaming about anyway.
Pelican - "City of Echoes"
Not so metal-y. Rather loud, dynamic, melodic instrumental rock. Yummy.
Last night I made TACOS for roomie D, J, and J the V. Until you have eaten my TACOS, you have never properly had tacos. It's all the extra love I put in 'em. Dinner was quite excellent, we all ate way too much, and the rest of the evening was spent in pleasant company. Tonight I have another food plan. A plan...of muffins! Yes! Inspired by the lurvely B, I'm gonna bake all night long. I may even need to buy a new muffin pan - I've wanted one of those fancy silicone ones for a while now. I'm leaving this entry open to commenting, so that if you want to share with me a fabulous muffin recipe, then you will be able. I've got plans for 3 different muffins already tonight, but there's always Saturday for further muffin adventures if climbing gets rained out (looking likely - poo).
I've been trying to post this entry all week long, but I'm simultaneously too busy and too lazy to finish it, so I'll just save the rest for a future date.

4 comments:
How were your muffins? I actually made some this weekend since it was chilly and rainy here. They have whole wheat flour and molasses and are really simple yet good. I'll send a recipe if I remember, hah.
I made 3 kinds, and had planned a 4th but was thwarted by lack of cocoa powder late at night. I made another batch of bran/molasses with jam in the center (more jam this time made them better), blackberry whole wheat, and chive havarti'n'chive. All pretty yummy, thought the bran are my favorite.
of the 3 batches of muffins, I had ~6 left and this morning they were all gone moldy! bah! my muffins....
at least none of the bran went bad.
Good old bran!
Post a Comment