Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Adventures in Melbourne's Tram System

More proof that art is an unlikely back-up plan for my future. You'll probably have to click on the image to see the text large enough. A true story! NATO drew the trams and buildings, I pretty much drew the rest. Text was decided by consensus on just how it all went down. My feet really hurt at the end of that day, and we never did make it to the festival at St. Kilda. And then, after traipsing around Melbourne all afternoonevening in search of an eatery, we got lousy service at an Italian joint mere blocks from our starting point. At least the cool-ass park was cool: the ~kilometer-long path down the middle was tree-lined and dipped in the center so it looked like you were in a park bowl from the middle. None of our photographs quite captured it right, though.

I like the idea of using drawings as a travel journal. If we hadn't drawn this triptych, I probably would have (purposely) forgotten all about this day.

No comments: