Friday, August 3, 2007

For $25, this better make one hell of a good story at least


Gah! I really should get a date book or a PDA or something. As referenced in #23, I'm continually overbooking myself. I think I told 3 people I'd hang out with them tonight, and quite unfortunately none of them know each other at all. So unless they all want to go out to dinner with me together (it might could happen), then I'm going to have to cancel on somebody. I am a bad bad friend. Maybe someone will cancel on me instead and then they never have to know about my swiss-cheese-memory (continually referenced by el señor B and R)...oooh, unless they read this. Oh well.

In other news, life is pretty great. Not to be overly obnoxious about it or anything, but on the whole I am happy. After an uncharacteristic and extended period of unhappy that went pretty much from last spring until this spring, it is a great relief.

Also, I just figured out how to get an ñ using a Mac. Okay, so once I put my mind to it, it took all of 3 min to accomplish, but it's been bugging me for a while. Now I'm going to go back and replace all of the instances of "senor" with señor. Fantastic - this plus a cup of coffee with el señor B will make my day.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

I do enjoy the brute force translation of "The Bond Man" to Spanish. Another personal favorite of mine would be the one popular with all those blond frauleins: Der Bondmann. And tell it true, that cup of coffee was pretty spectacular, wasn't it?

RF_Girl said...

Well, you know, I'm sure this won't be the first time you've wasted $25. Or maybe it is, and then at least you can feel superior to the rest of us who have blown $25 on, say, a shitty meal in an airport, or those 4 yards of cloth we've yet to use, or those really awesome beads that are still in the bag, etc. etc.

Code name: 1% said...

okay, okay, I'm gonna spend that $25 RIGHT NOW. Why not?