Tuesday I managed to leave at 5:05p. Today was a victory: 4:58p! It still feels odd, though. I've also been back to my old building every day so far, but that's just because my friends are still there. Plus today there were farewell brownies to be had for me and two postdocs from my former lab.
I'm slowly getting back to a steady workout schedule: climbed Sunday, biked and swam Tuesday, climbed Wednesday. Tomorrow is a rest day (I'd like to bike but rain is in the forecast so we'll see) and Friday is for swimb-ing. I feel much better when embedded solidly in my routine. I get mad cranky when I'm out of it, so suffice to say I've probably been less-than-optimally-pleasant of late (or perhaps, even less pleasant than normal) during all the thesis defense hullaballoo.
My gustatory habits are also recovering from the pit of convenience foods they'd fallen into the last couple months. Now I just need to get on a decent sleep schedule and everything is great. Unless, that is, everything is ruined forever instead.Finally: the picture is me and K-L posing in front of my non-winning science-as-art entry at a recent conference I attended. I got robbed! Seriously, my picture wasn't the best, but there were something like 10 winners and mine was better than a few of them anyway. I would have tried rigging the voting for the cash prize, but then I would have known that it was all a lie, and frankly, I'm not a very good liar. Takes too much energy.
