Monday, June 11, 2007

Fluffy and sour like lime pie

I'm on VACATION! Nothing exotic. Spent a few extremely leisurely days in Iowa City, IA visiting my ladyfriends there. Iowa is flush with awesome ladyfriends for me, and being in the science & engineering trade, I sometimes have a little trouble making friends of the lady sort. I took my bike (aka "Little Red") in the back of my truck ("Big Red") such that I could participate in Ladies' Night at the Bike Library in IC, IA. A couple times that afternoon the tornado sirens went off and everybody there was freaking out, but I've never managed to be very concerned about tornadoes. So I just kept walking around downtown (too rainy to bike) because I figured that if a tornado was coming, I'd hear it and dash into the nearest coffee shop or overpriced knick-knack shop. Turns out there was a huge tornado there last spring that demolished a significant swath of town, and what are the odds that would happen two years in a row? Anyway, the point here is that Ladies' Night was cancelled. Poo. So I didn't get to fix/shine up Little Red's fenders after all.

That night I hung out with M, Dr. D (a real one!)-whom I hadn't seen in at least 3 years-and his entourage for the evening. It was fun, and I got to be my fantastically entertaining self (hey, I've got my moments, this blog apparently not incorporating any of them) with a group of people that I just might never see again. I still find it funny that a dirty mind and a foul mouth can shock adults my own age. As if they never think that stuff.

(Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of Midwest Vacation '07: How I didn't fix the e-beam evaporator)