
If you type (or hand write) just about any word multiple times in a row, it starts to look like it's spelled incorrectly. Try it if you like. I suggest the word "perennial" (which blogger's spell checker assures me is correct).
I've returned home from a very relaxing week. I can't even begin to describe the feeling, I think you have to finish your Ph.D to truly understand how the ominous, omnipresent dread that's been hanging over my head for almost 6 years has suddenly and completely dissipated. I'm not saying I'll never be stressed out again, but never like that again I'm pretty sure.
Now I have to clean. The house - my room especially went to shit before the thesis defense/mad packing for vacation; my desk at
work - how can I have so much paper crap and why won't I allow myself to throw it away now even though I know I will eventually?; and my lab bench, which shouldn't be too bad since I partially cleared it out a week ago. I didn't make it through nearly as much as I wanted to so I'm going to have to come into the office again tomorrow. I will finish tomorrow. I will. Quit laughing.I wish that I had more of a break before my new job starts, but that's life and I'm glad to have a job at all, frankly.
Some more liquid crystal pictures for y'all.
