Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What would triumvirate + 1 be?

Oh man, sometimes in life you just realize that you're in the middle of a really great thing. It won't last forever, and you probably wouldn't want it to anyway, but still you want it to last for a little bit longer. I am currently in the midst of a bunch of incredible peoples, mostly men-types, that just make me happy. I'd say this is probably only about the 4th time or so in my life when I've been totally in love with everyone around me.

The first time it happened was with a group of roommates in Kirksville, MO. We had a perfect sitcom situation. I mean, somebody had to have written this one up at some point. There were four of us total: 2 guys + 2 girls, 2 straight + 1 gay + 1 lesbian, all quirky personalities to say the least, all of us loud, opinionated, argumentative (there were 1.5 peacemakers though), 2 smokers + 2 non, a scientist, an engineer, a political scientist, a psych major. Our landlord and his wife (crazy hazel) lived downstairs, the landlord had a peg fucking leg, his wife was just creepy in a sweet kind of way. There was one of those landings at the bottom of the stairs in the living room, like they always have in t.v. sitcoms. And the stuff that happened to us was all sorts of sitcom-y. Like the time our friend who worked at the library came across a 40 year-old newspaper clipping describing a murder-suicide that had happened in our living room, so on the 40th anniversary we had a seance party with candles, a ouija board, the soundtrack from the shining, and then we were all convinced we saw ghosts for the next month.

It couldn't last. I went to Australia, then another went to Ireland, and anyway we all drove each other insane. But for about 9 months everything was more or less perfect in that situation.

I'm hoping to get another month or two out of what I've currently got going, before things change just enough that it's not quite the same.