- "primal" peanut butter-banana muffins
- "half-primal" (1/2 whole wheat flour, 1/2 coconut flour) carob zucchini bread
- cheeseburgers with caramelized onions
- apple seaweed salad
- black beans in homemade beef stock
- rosemary roasted potatoes and chicken
- creamed herb zucchini
- mexican-style grilled corn
- smoked, dry-rub ribs
- sausage, onions and peppers with fennel root (I think the sausage was made by roomie D? El seƱor B was on a freezer-clearing binge)
- watermelon
I purchased some aluminum baking cups for the primal muffins this week and it worked WAY better - I think the eggs are what made them stick so bad to my non-stick muffin tins. I'm going to try to re-use the ones we pull off without ripping. We'll see if that works. I am very much enjoying the cut, 1/4-watermelons available at our grocer. Small enough for us 3 to finish easily and also we get to see the apparent fruit quality. I tend toward choosing less-ripe melons because the light pink-whitish bites are my favorite.
Finished editing lab experiments, mostly finished my department's website work, turned in my final grades, have gotten a bunch of chores done around the house. Now I need to run a bunch of "big box store" errands this afternoon.
Had a nice cocktail with ladyfriends G and M last night at Restaurant Magnus. The Finn's #7 Cup and Batida were tasty-tasty and not too sweet. The Dodsfall Manhattan was okay, but with a sort of apple-juicy aftertaste (no, I did not have 3 drinks, we all traded sips). It's always hard for me to deviate from a plain ol' dry martini, but the last couple times I've been rewarded with an interesting mixed drink.
Tomorrow night I'm invited to dinner with K & S - I'll have to take over some of the carob zucchini bread for dessert. I'm supposed to also play some Wii games, we'll see.
All in all I'm very much enjoying my rather laid-back "home vacation" aka the 3 weeks between semesters. I've still got a lot of prep work for my algebra class but I'm going to worry about that next week.

1 comment:
silicone is the way to go for baking. Expense sucks, but very worth it.
Post a Comment