Friday, March 26, 2010

Weekly wrap-up

Last week before spring break, and man am I ready for it. I'm actually planning to work all through it but no student contact hours! Today had some long teacher meetings and for once a meeting was actually productive. I got a lot of good feedback on tweaking or even totally rewriting some labs I've wanted to fix for over 2 years now.

Found out that a former roommate and overall sweet, sweet dude is pretty sick. Everybody at tRBC is really bummed about that, to put it mildly. Hopefully we'll hear some good prognosis news soon (fingers and toes crossed). It took several days for the seriousness to sink in on me. I'd say the ambiance here has been pretty down all week for that and other reasons. Last night we watched The Brothers Bloom, which was really long but it made me and others laugh out loud many times and that was greatly appreciated.

A surprise cold snap hit midway through the week (okay, this is the Great Frigid North, so in March it's not that much of a surprise, but still unwelcome). A month ago I would have been delighted to ride my bike in 25-30˚F weather, but I am way done with that now. I'm tired of my balaclava and mittens. On the bright side, I did get to wear the scarf that SG recently sent to replace the one I lost in IL.

Some good. Some bad. If your are the praying type, say one for my friend. It can't hurt.

2 comments:

Heuss! said...

I'm totally with you.

amy said...

It seems like March has been rough for a lot of people. Lots of bad news going around. Watched "The Brothers Bloom" last weekend and it served the same purpose for me and Clayton:) Prayers coming your way for your friend . . .