Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nothin' much

Not a lot to tell anyone about but I'm trying to be better about blogging and so I don't want to let a post lapse. My friends B-alicious, A & J came to visit from Mpls this weekend. Except for teaching a morning lab, I had Friday off and so once I got back home, B-alicious, M and I all met up with roomie D at a fantastic Indian buffet where I had previously had dinner but never before done the buffet. It was pretty good and upon returning to tRBC, B-alicious, M and I sat with very full bellies and watched "Pumpkin" while I embroidered and we all tried not to doze off from food coma. Then we took a walk around my neighborhood, which is always larger than I expect, evaluating peoples' choices of yard decor. There was a really cool bottle tree that I want to go back and take a photo of.

I'm trying to pick back up on doing crafty-type stuff. Since moving to tRBC over 3 years ago now, I haven't done much in the way of crafting, largely due to the fact that all my crafty shit is packed like sardines into my closet and a pain to get out, and also there's rarely a bare table upon which to work. I should clean up the porch table now that the weather is nice. The last two Sundays have been "ladiez craft days" with friend S (and this weekend B-alicious joined in). I've done some card-making, some quilling, and a little embroidery. Inspired by a series of "Stitch-a-day" posts on the Hand Embroidery Network, I'm trying to take up embroidery again. I used to do it a lot as a kid, but I only knew the straight stitch so I'm gonna get fancier this time.
There was some other stuff this weekend, but I don't want to use all of my thrilling material at once.

No comments: