I got so absorbed in writing about my mom that I forgot all about the topic I meant to write about originally.
In Madison we are currently going through "The Big Melt". Snow and ice and other nastiness that's been piling up since October is finally on its way out. The bike paths and streets are completely clear of precipitation for the first time in months, although now they're full of sand and debris instead.
Today, on my way in to work, I was biking down E. Mifflin between 1st and 4th streets and the whole road, an entire 3 blocks of this street, was coated in a sheer film of oil of some kind. Most likely motor, I suppose. Even though this was obviously a clear sign of pollution, it was really beautiful. All rainbow-y, several orders of the Michel-Levy chart represented, including a whole lot of first-order colors (my favorite!). It was a lovely 3 blocks. I hope it's still there tomorrow when I bike in. If so, I'll stop and see if I can't get a good photo to share with y'all.
I do realize that the fact that I was contemplating the Michel-Levy chart as I biked down a dirty fucking road is pretty dorky. No comments necessary.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I like that the link to that chart goes to Roblovesclownporn.net
What a choad.
Post a Comment