So I finished my first week of teaching general chemistry at ye ol' community college. It went okay, I think. I generally like my students, and I really just have to stay one step ahead of them throughout the semester. Haven't had to do a lab yet, so we'll see how that goes. Hilarious (to other people) hijinks have already ensued thanks to the fact that I don't yet have a key card that lets me into my office and lab, and the temporary ones they give me keep going bad. As I expected, significant figures (or, if you like, significant digits) are giving the "kids" a bit of trouble, which means they're just going to
love the lecture I have planned for next week.
And now, some more photographic randomness. Except not really random, since they're usually pictures that have the unifying property of all being off of my camera.

How is it that I have a mother who is only 38 years old? Poor Mumsie, not only has she gotten cheated out of a proper birthday her whole life by being born 2 days after Christmas, but this year her ungrateful family forgot to buy the right number candles and so just used whatever ones were laying around the kitchen.

Me'n'roomie D making with the shenanigans at T & L's party this summer.
Tomorrow I get my newest tattoo colored in. But I'm not putting up any pictures until I've also gotten the old tattoo on my back re-colored. Thus, anticipate a photo in about a month!
*"Stay in Bed, Forget the Rest" - Deee-Lite
4 comments:
On a bit of a tangent, didn't agent Scully get a tattoo on the X-files way back when? As I recall, the dye was evil, or something like that. Am I just insane?
I remember that episode. She went all "wild'n'crazy". There was drinking, there was a tattoo, there was not much Mulder. And thus my recollection of detail ends.
Nice rack, dear.
Awwww...you know flattery gets you everywhere.
Post a Comment