Sunday, July 1, 2007

It was just one of those nights, no need to send concerned emails

Now that I don't work in a chemical lab all the time any more, I decided to get contacts again. I just put them in for the first time in about 6 years. Here are some observations:

1. The left one is more comfortable.
2. They are tinted a little bit blue, I think, although I'm not positive. I'd prefer they weren't.
3. I feel nekkid.
4. Being able to see stuff in focus, I mean like my own belly button, without my glasses on makes me feel like I suddenly have super powers. Real ones, not the kind I referenced on May 29.
5. They seemed easier to get in than I remembered. But I'll never be one of those people who can insert/outsert them without a mirror and obsessive hand washing.

Last night went to an undergrad party with el seƱor B. It was fun, met some sweet kids, played the "guess how old I am" game (always amusing to observe shock form upon speculation that someone could be older than 23 and still cute and at a party) and found out that I could be considered a "cougar". Ever heard of this, folks? Apparently a cougar is a hott older lady ('cause I am sooooooo old) out huntin' for some youngblood action. This isn't exactly true, as I'm actually not too particular about age, har har. Okay, that's not entirely true either - I'd probably make out with a youngblood but I don't think they really know what to do after that. Ye ole enthusiasm versus experience debate. There was one ~20 year-old that I thought had some make-out potential but I think he also had a ladyfriend there with him. Also, my aging brain can't remember how one initiates said make-out with a near perfect stranger. I suspect that you just start making out. I guess that wouldn't be too hard physically, but did I really have no regard at all for decorum at that age? Probably not.