Just a brief post about an album I've recently become enamored with. I owe my roomie D for introducing me to Josh Small's self-titled album (sorry, couldn't find the cover art online). It's a very simple, lo-fi folk album, just Josh and his banjo. He hasn't got the world's greatest voice, but he can carry a decent tune and the lyrics are simple but beautiful. Who can resist a chorus (and title) of "Fall motherfuckers, fall"? This album in particular reminds me a lot of my favorite Bonnie "Prince" Billy album in style and content. I'm absolutely stuck on the first track, "Pushing boulders", and also "Look at me", which involves some additional...uh...instruments. Man, do I ever love banjo. Speaking of which, I should get some good bluegrass. The kind with sinister banjo. You know what I'm talking about.D has also been slowly converting me to Linux. I've never doubted that it is superior to Windows or even Mac OS's/applications, but it's got one hell of a learning curve. Luckily D is one patient dude, at least with this computer-retard.
