The school I work at has a chef program complete with pastry classes, and for a couple hours every day they sell their class creations just around the corner from my office. I've been resisting all semester long.
This morning I walked past as usual with a longing gaze. As I got closer to my office I saw a sign announcing flu shots. I hate HATE HHHAAAAAAATE needles but a flu shot is a pretty good idea for someone who spends time around lots of stressed-out people, many of whom currently work in the health industry, handling things they've been handling (and I suspect they may sometimes cough on their homework assignments on purpose). So I made an internal pact that if I got a flu shot I could also get a little box of 6 handmade chocolates.
It seems like a good compromise to me. Also having a bit of fancy chocolate at my desk helps me to resist all the free, low-quality Halloween candy spread out over the campus. I'll hoard that box for a good week, too.
My arm hurts.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I appreciate your self-control (always.) I would have gotten a big, fat cream cheese Danish to reward myself, and probably consumed it within 5 minutes (then again, I don't really hate needles.) ; )
Post a Comment