So a few months ago roomie D stopped washing his hair with shampoo entirely, sort of as an experiment. His hair was pretty greasy-looking for about a month, but then his scalp adjusted and now his hair is beautiful again. One problem is that we have hard water, and it kind of builds up on your hair, so he's been using vinegar to dissolve those damn carbonate deposits.
Currently I've reduced my shampooing to twice weekly, and in the 3-week break between semesters also plan to do away with it entirely. The first month I switched from what was approximately 4-times to 2-times per week, I had some greasiness issues as well but then that quieted down.
That was all really just a build-up to this: last night I soaked my own hair in vinegar to de-lime, then washed it regularly with shampoo and conditioner. Still though, my hair smelled all vinegary when I went to bed with it wet.
Whether out of good judgment or simply because it came naturally, el seƱor B, instead of telling me that I stunk like old sweat (which I did), said I smelled like an Easter egg. Too too sweet.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Teee heeee.
what a sausage talker, that guy
I've been shampoo free for years now (I lie: but I've used it less than 20 times in the past 4 or so years). I had a former coworker tell me about the Curly Girl book- which is basically doing the same as you guys are doing, except using conditioner to wash and condition my hair. I use a cheap V05 conditioner to wash, and some super awesome thick ass organic conditioner to condition. Having curly hair, I *have* to condition. And use hair products. But no silicones are allowed! Trickier than one might think. Luckily there's a ton of info online as to what products are silicone free.
My point being- eff shampoo. I can go a week without even wetting my hair down, and I never get greasy. Or dandruffy. Yay nature :)
LOVE this:)
Post a Comment