Monday, February 15, 2010

Hmph

I'm not a resolutions kinda gal, but informally I made 3 this year (progress in parentheses):

  • Drink a lot more water (getting there...)
  • Don't use snooze button as much (extremely minor improvement, thanks A for the idea!)
  • Blog more often (FAIL)

I guess I've got some work to do still. I'm going to try to have something to write about once a week anyway, no matter how mundane.

Some recent highlights:

I traveled to Minneapolis a couple weekends back in order to visit with B-alicious and to see roomie J and K perform in the Best of the Midwest Burlesk festival. The festival was AWESOME, way more professional than last year, roomie J and K were AWESOME and B-alicious (who, by the way, is always AWESOME) and I dressed up, as illustrated by the photos here,and managed to hold ourselves to a single bottle of wine during the event. Got to do some chillin' with A and J (very gentlemanly, per usual) as well.

I just gave my first exam of the semester today. I'm a little nervous to look at them, partly because most of the students finished fast, and I'm worried that's not a good sign (as in they either gave up or didn't understand the complexity of the questions appropriately). But maybe it means they found the exam to be easy. Only one way to find out...

I've been editing my department's web page. The school has implemented an exceptionally limiting version of Drupal for the job. No html coding allowed. It is very frustrating.

On the calendar: an xmas date with el señor B next weekend, for which I have been saving a very tasteful (read: not especially revealing) dress. Yeah, it's pretty late for an xmas date, but that's just how we roll and also we've been waiting for his post-holiday diet experiment to finish. I wish to go to a fancy steakhouse, and am thinking here.

I've got a nice workout balance going right now:
  • Mondays = HipHop dance class (more strenuous on my brain than anything else)
  • Wednesdays = climbing
  • Thursdays = Zumba (I miss the 3X weekly Zumba schedule, but that's just how this semester panned out)
  • Saturdays = el señor B's park/warehouse workout
I've gotten in some random XC skiing here and there, but the snow hasn't been great this season. Speaking of the Saturday workouts, roomie D pointed out to me that he and el señor B will be absent in 2 weeks for the Birkie. Mayhaps I shall run the show?

Phew, that was a lot. Okay: next anticipated blog date = Monday, Feb. 22. I can do it!

3 comments:

Dragonslayer said...

I'm a big supporter of drinking lots of water. I used to get headaches all the freakin' time before I started keeping a bottle of water at my desk.

RF_Girl said...

whoop whoop!

nice crop job on the pictures.

J.B. said...

Good gravy woman, I almost unlinked your page, and was beginning to wonder if you had not tumbled into a tree well and were lost forever.. or until the snow melts out there.

Welcome back!