Thursday, August 14, 2008

Time to get back to it

Man, I have been a seriously infrequent blogger this summer. Just how it goes, I guess. I also haven't been able to fall into a good workout routine because my work/social schedule has been pretty hectic as well as variable. So I'm trying to come up with something that will stick for the fall. The task is complicated by teaching an all-evening chemistry course on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This may take some tweaking but that's okay.

Monday: climbing
Tuesday: 7am yoga (har) or lunch-time swimming.
Wednesday: powerflow (yoga/pilates) evening class or swimming
Thursday: lunch-time lifting
Friday: off or whatever I feel like

That gets in all of my desired activities (yoga, climbing, swimming, lifting) at least once per week. I'd like to bump up the frequency on the climbing and lifting at some point, and it's probably the swimming that'll have to go as swimming in February in Wisconsin is pretty redonk, even if it is indoors. I'd like to try the Tuesday morning yoga class, but I've got a feeling that leaving my house by 6:15am is a pipe dream. I am not a morning person at all. More of a morning ogre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds cool and... well, you'll probably have to change this blog name to at least twopercentburly? :)

-G^2 said...

No, I think the sass content increases with the burly, so the ratio should remain about the same. I could be wrong, though, I often am.