
Ah, so, my trip to Puerto Rico. It was warm. It was beautiful.

So were all the people I met. It was perfect and it was what I needed. How do I sum it up beyond that? I can't really, I'm sorry. I could tell you little vignettes about the complete lack of road signs, crazy drivers, being lost all the time (which I'm okay with), sitting on the beach, reading on the beach, doing math puzzles on the beach (yes, yes, I'm a nerd), combing the beach for bits of sea-glass, feeling very relaxed, snorkeling, drinking, a bit of chuffing, getting only a little sunburnt, my lousy attempts at Spanish, eating fish and/or guava paste at every meal. But really, they'd be better told in person and I don't think I could get across in writing how much I love los puertorriqueños and their gorgeous island. So here are a couple pictures, all of the beach because 90% of my time

was spent there. I'm even applying

for a teaching job in Mayagüez, although I doubt I'll get a response. But if I do, y'all come visit, hear? Muchas gracias especialmente a C y su esposa por la cena y JJ y sus chichitos de oído por un día maravilloso.
*Elliott Smith - "Say Yes"
No comments:
Post a Comment